Wednesday, March 28, 2007

This scares me.

Chimps. Using. Spears.

Does that not scare anyone else? Why does it scare me? Evolution at work.

Sure, scientists are all excited because it's a huge discovery. It's a potential look at the early evolution of man. But these are tool users and now weapon users. I'm fairly sure you can teach a chimp to use a gun, and I know they can perform martial arts. Now this may just be my overbearing paranoia, but considering we only recently really began studying the closest relative of the human race, I think it's safe to say we don't know enough about this potential threat. And I say potential threat because what happens when some psychopath hippie animal rights lover trains one of these chimps to properly use weapons? It goes on and trains other chimpanzees, who train their young, who train their young, until generations have gained and refined the ability to use and build weapons. What happens if someone dinks around and mucks with some chimp DNA making them able to learn faster and teaching them how to make explosives? Nuclear explosives?

I'm pretty sure we as a species are not ready for a war with the chimps. Especially since it's just what the Dolphins are waiting for.

No comments: