Monday, March 26, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith

"She's so outrageous!" Yeah ok. I don't give a flying fuck. This is something I've been thinking about for a while now. So she died. Yeah, not that unexpected. What bothers me is the ammount of media coverage on the subject.

I opened my web browser today to find that on my homepage, which is just the default page my computer came with I guess, was a big picture of Anna in one of those stupid over-the-top poses with the caption "Drug Overdose Killed Anna Nicole Smith" now that's fine. I guess, the results were in and they had to report on them. But what got to me was that the quote on the pagelink was "was it an accident or foul play?" Now clicking the link I find the subquote under the title is no foul play suspected so I'm forced to declare what the fuck? Ok. The media went way overboard on Anna Nicole's death. Now that the results of the autopsy are in I suspect a second wave on media hype to come cashing in on her death. "Drug overdose! Who's responsible next on CNN?!"

CNfreakin'N. They just went overboard with this story, and for that I blame Ted Turner, but that's not the point. While the CNN website was pretty decent at reporting the death, the actual television channel was insane. They covered her death with some strange almost 9/11 level updates and reporting. What the hell? But at least they can say MSNBC was worse. Not even E! covered it that much.

What the hell indeed I proclaimed as it donned on me watching the Daily Show as they ripped into CNN for the coverage and first gave me the idea to write this blog post but thereby being hypocritical. However, seriously, I am going to make a prediction here.

We as a country are at War. Not the good kind of war, but the ugly tedious kind that a nation our size can only get into these days with minor countries. The media loves to cover and scrutinize and propagandaize that war. It also loves distracting you from that war because I believe they realize how much they manipulate the public and at a certain point they need to come by and distract them from what they've done. It's like the dad telling a scary story to his kid and realizing how scared he's made his kid so he has to calm him or her down so they can sleep. Anna Nicole Smith's death provided that opportunity. Hence the coverage. Maybe it's intentional, maybe it's not. Maybe it's a subconscious effort on their part because they are scaring themselves. Whatever it is, it worked. After the reporting of her death people were talking about it and the level of coverage it got. Not what's going on politically in the world. Even Larry King got in on it, way to let me down Larry. But it's ok, because I have a feeling it just came about due to you being on CNN and that damn Ted Turner. At least you weren't just talking about it to pump up your own image, like Chyna did on your show. But man, seriously when you get King to cover this you got some problems with society.

And then came good ol' Anderson Cooper. I like this guy. This is the kind of newsman I can trust and because of that I don't trust him. But I like his style; he's got a good head on his shoulders when it comes to the media. "There's a war on" Yeah. That's right, bring them back in to reality not celebreality. I went to look up just what he said and found a neat little site called Think Progress(the name is pure coincedence) and then remembered how after saying There's a War on! he immediately went and reported on Anna's death. He just lost man points. But then I found out FOX called him Paris Hilton for saying he's going to be sticking to the facts. Getting the FOX News people mad at you earns you some man points back Mr. Cooper. Those guys suck.

But yeah, so because of this I discovered TMZ.com and just kinda read through it as I took a break typing this post. I again further my stance that it's time for a huge ass change to society because I keep finding the worst of the worst out here in the internet. Anna Nicole is dead. Let's just drop the subject.



I am really unnerved that she was compared to Princess Di though. Just have to say that. That is so wrong.


Also, I have decided I would enjoy Hangin' with Mr. Anderson Cooper. We should go bowling sometime, dude. Get you some man points.

No comments: