Monday, March 5, 2007

Comics!

I love comics. They are pretty much all I read. My life revolves around them. I would like to go into the comics industry some day. Mainly because current writers have pissed me off and I just want to show some people up. But unlike most fanboys who make that claim, I could probably back that up. But that's just my cockiness towards my abilities as a writer speaking.

Now I've been wondering just how does one get into the comics business? I thought about just sending in a story and seeing where that goes, considering I have no previous experience at all, it's very likely that won't even be read. I also considered just kidnapping an editor and forcing him to read my scripts. There used to be this nice little imprint from Marvel Comics called Epic where you could just send in your writings and if good enough according to the editor you could get published.

What I have found a good help in my goal is this site: http://www.downthetubes.net/writing_comics/index.html because it's right. That is the best way to break into comics. I'm going for it and hopefully will make it. Otherwise it's back to kidnapping. What I would love is a little feedback from a random test audience on my stuff. Which is how the internet is a great, great, tool. I've got some scripts to finish and then either I need to find someone to do the art or do it myself. A little self publishing to get my name out there. I also need a scanner and money, and a printing press and a way to distribute. Oh, that wonderful tool the internet! Online disbursal of my comics, yeah that'd be cool as would throwing down on a table at some convention soon. Well not soon, but soonish.

That's what I'm doing today, should be fun. That and laundry. And probably reading comics.

No comments: