Sunday, February 4, 2007

Blood.

What is a Weblog? I know what a Weblog is. I didn't know the terms for differing types of weblogs though. That was nice to have a reference for.

Why a Weblog? I like the concept of using a weblog(I do not like the term blog) as a tool for publishing work. In this day and age, the weblog gets read more than a portfolio of work does, which is kind of sad. However, I'm not comfortable going around and reading the personal journal of some random nut on the internet. Seems weird to me to bare this personal information on the internet. Especially in this day and age when employers are actually going out and looking up on you then finding a myspace, blog, facebook, or whatever else run by you that is all about your wild nights or angsty emotional psychosis. But I digress, back to Blood.

I was unaware I could just through copyright mumbo jumbo at the bottom of a page and it's actually copyrighted. That's good to know for future reference. After reading the chapter about maintaining a weblog I realized something; The only problem I have with a weblog is maintaining it. I am a busy man, and when I'm not, I get bored easily and don't think to post anything, though I do have a collection of short stories I'd like to post but going through the whole thing to add the html for indenting is a pain.

I'll be honest, most of what I've read so far I'm already familiar with. The Weblog Handbook is a nice handbook though. Using it as a reference guide every so often isn't so bad, but weblogs are pretty self explanatory when you get in there. I have only read the first few chapters, I'm expecting more things I was unaware of later on in the book.

No comments: