Thursday, April 12, 2007

I live in a Douglas Adams book.

I'm fairly sure I live inside the mind of Douglas Adams. Which frightens me because he's supposedly dead. That and the bizarre twists of logic I live with everyday. The strange and quirky adventures I go through everyday feel like they belong in the Hitchhiker's guide. That may just be because I have been rescued seconds before the destruction of the Earth by a crazed party seeking friend only to go on a journey that ends with me returning to mysteriously revived planet Earth several times by now. Actually I think life would be better off living in a story by Douglas Adams. Seems like I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of the stuff I do then. Mainly because most of that stuff would not exist, but regardless, I would have to deal with some form of bills, gas prices, moving, and all that nonsense of everyday human life.

I'm actually in the process of moving right now and am not sure if I will finish this post before I pack up my computer and send it on over to my new house. Nope. My friends just showed up randomly to help me move. Clicking save as a draft and...

Three days later I finally get my computer up and running on fancy wireless now with the ability to pirate multiple wireless connections. Now I'm bored and for some strange reason my new room makes me feel very sleepy. Maybe it's because I'm exhausted by the time I get to my bed through the piles of stuff in bags and boxes; which I should really sort.

I've come to the conclusion in the past few days while thinking of how to finish this draft post, and how more and more I seem to encounter Hitchhiker references, that my original project proposal for this blog has basically failed. I have no audience, as far as I know there is only one person reading my blog not in the class. I feel like I've failed. It sucks. I've thrown it out there, over and over again but nothing comes from it. What can I do I wonder?

I have a class at Bemidji State University, called Weblogs and Wikis, interestingly enough required for my BFA. This is the blog project from that class. I proposed to write social commentary every week about something. I think I got the idea while watching Best Week Ever on VH1. I kinda did that, but I also just blogged. I think I should go back and start some new blog entries for social commentary. But after actually looking at society I am disgusted by it and do not want to even acknowledge it exists. I have the strange desire to completely destroy it all and start over, Mad Max style. However my mood is very unstable and sometimes I'm completely and utterly disgusted by what I see in everyday life and then a second later I can't live without it. Perhaps I should switch up my project idea a little. (Great idea this late in the game) Society is broad. I should focus more locally. On my friends and their society. I have some weird ass friends.

But it is a nice day out and I am sitting here typing instead of frolfing. So I'm going to hold off on doing that today and go out into the sun. Or go get some Chinese Food because I'm hungry. One of the two.

This also took forever to post for some reason blogger kept giving me error messages about not being connected when no other site did. I was worried about my wireless card for a second. But now Blogger just craps out on my connection. I don't know why it took four days to post this when I finished it so long ago. Damn you blogger connection.

No comments: